Every business in San Diego at one time or another has had to venture into the world of commercial real estate, or they will. You will be seeking office, loft, retail or showroom space to rent or buy. These aren’t steps you should take without a professional that has your back – you need a professional.
While you may be a smart business owner and entrepreneur, you are likely a new to finding and negotiating for space and would benefit greatly from having an experienced broker’s services. The most time-saving and cost-effective way for you to find new office space is to use the services of a commercial real estate service like SD Office Properties.
Here are six ways we can help you find the right space:
1. Saving time – You have limited time and you must use that time in the most productive way, which is operating and growing your business. A real estate broker enhances your efficiency by bringing you a hand picked selection of properties to consider.
2. Experience and expertise – A broker carefully evaluates properties they consider to be a possible fit for your business by first interviewing you about your company’s needs and plans, and then matching those needs and plans to available spaces. The broker will not only show you space, but after developing an understanding of your current requirements and future growth targets, he or she will help you develop a strategic plan to determine what you require today, as well as in the future.
3. Complete access to the San Diego commercial real estate market – We have access to every office, loft, showroom, medical and retail space in San Diego’s downtown, beachside communities, and inland cities. The commercial listings accessible to the general public are usually inaccurate.
4. Familiarity with buildings and landlords – When the experienced broker is not serving client needs, he or she is touring buildings and meeting with landlord representatives about new or existing space that is coming on market. The broker knows the market and can find the perfect fit your business needs. Taking space is a long-term commitment. When you rent an office, studio loft or showroom, you are not only getting space, but also a landlord. You want to ensure that the landlord with whom you will be dealing will be responsive to your needs when you have a problem or issue down the road.
5. Negotiating leverage – A savvy, knowledgeable real estate broker provides you with negotiating leverage. The broker knows how to package your offer and present your company in the most favorable light. An experienced broker knows what concessions to ask of a landlord and how to ask for them. When a broker represents a tenant, the owner understands that the tenant is being exposed to competitive properties and will, as a result, be more willing to provide a fair deal.
6. Comparing multiple opportunities – The broker plays a crucial role in evaluating and comparing multiple opportunities that may be available. For example, in considering two local office spaces, one may offer a lower lease rate over the other. To the inexperienced eye, this may seem like a no-brainer–go with the lower priced office rent, but the broker can help determine the opportunity with the best overall business terms.
Let’s Talk about Your Needs
We’re here to help get you started on your business property search today.