As of July 2012, www.SDOfficeProperties.com went live. I have learned a lot from my web developer and copyrighter during the past six months as the site was being built. Search Optimization was perhaps one of the most perplexing and important topics that we touched upon.
So, how do you keep your website at the top of Google’s list? Here are a few tips…
1. Current Content – Keep website content new and exciting by updating your site frequently. Incorporate new blog posts, post new pictures, and link to news articles pertaining to your industry or company.
2. Key Words – Make sure that all key words that someone may use to search for your product or service appear on your site. It is even better if you can incorporate these key words into your URL.
3. Links – Start by linking to other sites on your webpage. Then ask other businesses to link to you. If a big business links to you on their site your rankings on the search engines with skyrocket.
4. Social Media – Include your social media feeds such as twitter and facebook on your webpage.
5. Comments – Allow your audience to provide feedback or comments. This will create new web material and the search engines love it!
For additional information on building a website or on Search Engine Optimization, check out www.bluemarinetech.com.